Friday, June 5, 2009

The Wonderful Words of Kids

One of the things I love the most about my kids growing older, in addition to longer nights of sleep, and the increasing freedom we are experiencing, is the wonderful words that come from their mouths. I love that they can express themselves more eloquently and thoughtfully.

My oldest daughter has been writing very sweet, heartfelt notes to us lately, ones that I'll treasure in my heart and not share here, but that have been so meaningful to John and I. I love it!

My middle daughter thinks deeply with all heart. She's always been quick to show deep emotion. I won't tell you what popular Christmas movie quickly brings her to tears, but it's just adorable when it does. Not because I want to see her upset or in tears, but because it shows how compassionate and tenderhearted she is.

My son...we'll, he's just down right funny. Takes after his dad. In almost every way! One night at dinner, I asked him a simple question about school that day, and his answer, in a very funny voice, was "hot tub." Once he got the first laugh, he was on a roll. We all sat crying, laughing so hard at the table that night as he said it over and over. (He also answers Nefertiti to any question he does not know the answer to. Apparantely, he was enamored by her when we studied her in history last year.) Funny thing about the hot tub, he loves them and would spend most of the day in it if we had one. We are currently looking forward to a family cruise this summer. Driving down the street one day, he asked me if they have massages on the ship. I answered yes, and he said good, because he wanted to be rubbed. What does a seven year old need with a massage anyway?? I love it though....it shows that he's thinking about so many things in life, and I'm glad to see he's going to enjoy some of life's little pleasures.

Kids...they encourage us, they lift us up, they make us laugh and sometimes cry. They are such an awesome blessing!

No comments: