Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Tuesday!

Normally, Tuesday would not be the day of the week I would choose to get most excited about, until about a year ago. I started meeting "casually" with a group of five other ladies in January of 2007 to form an accountability group. Though we were all friends already, we spent the first 7 months or so kind of getting our feet wet, not hitting anything too heavy, dancing around the big topics, etc. in our weekly conversations, but sometime towards then end of last summer, we decided it was time to step things up, or basically just meet socially occasionally. We chose to really be accountable to each other and I'm so thankful we did.

I love Tuesday night for several reasons....one, it's a night just for me, away from John and my kids, and two, I get to spend 2 (and often times 3) hours with five incredible ladies who are really seeking to know God in a much deeper way, and to speak truth into my life. It was not an easy place to get to. It's not easy to be vulnerable. And though it's not an excuse to not be in one, I had found it difficult for many years as a pastor's wife to be in a group like this with ladies in my church. As a pastor's kid, I'd seen too many times the trust get broken in relationships. But God really showed me how much I needed this and that others needed me as well.

I know there will be those days we let each other down....none of us are perfect...but we really care about each other as women, wives, mothers and especially as daughters of the King! I challenge you to surround yourself with people you can trust and be accountable to. We can't do this life alone...God created us for relationship with Him and with others. If you are interested, contact me and I'd love to share some of the things we've come up with over the past year to help us get the ball rolling and what we are using now. It really is amazing to be part of this group!

No comments: