Friday, July 25, 2008

Gray Day

Do you ever have a day, that even if the sun is shining, everything else around you seems gray? That describes today, only the sky really is gray and cloudy outside. We had to get up early, after not getting to bed early enough, to get a trip to the doctor in before my girls last day of dance camp. This meant a tired mom having to interrupt very soundly sleeping children...never a good thing! All the kids were fussy, I was fussy, and even our poor dog Boo seemed like she just wanted to hid from everyone. It made the entire morning long, and not a lot of fun, and we all snapped at each other a lot, but because of our schedule, we arrived early at dance camp and had a few minutes in the car...a great time for a little family devotion. (My kids were thrilled....I can't say I was feeling much happier about it at the moment.) I've been reading through the Bible this year, for the first time I'm ashamed to say, but am LOVING all God is teaching me. (I'm using a chronological Bible).
I opened to some passages in Psalms I read in the last few weeks. Here's what we read:
1 Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
2 Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
5 He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
6 The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly.
7 He revealed his character to Moses and his deeds to the people of Israel.
8 The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
9 He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever.
10 He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
11 For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
12 He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.

How amazing to be reminded about our God....about how much He loves us, how even though we mess up all the time, He is slow to become angry with us....he does not even punish us for all of our sins and then forgives them and forgets about them. I think this was even a great reminder for my kids, who did not immediately become super angelic, but at least went on with their day with God's word in the hearts. And maybe the sun will come out this afternoon!!

No comments: